1. Layers - think camis over long sleeves, fur vests over tees, skirts over leggings, dresses over jeans.
2. Animal Print - use as accents pieces or accessories, leopard, zebra in all shades. Think outside of the box with your colors, like red leopard vs. the traditional brown print.
3. Leather - whether faux or real it is THE trend for fall. Not just in shoes and boots, think skirts, shorts, and jackets. Pair it with a sweater or feminine blouse to soften the look.
4. Legwear - tight and leggings. Run wild with this trend! Accesorize those legs in a variety of lengths and patterns. The wilder the statement the more attention you'll draw!
5. Cardigans - not your typical June Cleaver look. This fall brings us traditional button downs as well as ruffled ones and even knee length ones. Pair either version with a belt over it at the waist for an even trendier look.
6. Skinny Jeans - continued trend from last year' aren't you gald that money didn't go to waste? Always pair with a looser top or long tunic to avoid looking like an underfed model or straight out of 1985.
7. Military - especially jackets - HUGE for fall. Worn with skinny jeans and heels = knock out! Worried about looking like Hitler? Soften the look with pearls and metal charm jewelry.
8. Feminine Accessories: pearls, ribbon, bows, and rosettes. Found on necklaces, headbands, tshirts, shoes. They are everywhere and so super easy to make to!
9. The 1940's: flapper dresses, long pearls, drop waistlines, tulle, full skirts with high waists, cardigans. this trend encompasses several of the above mentioned.
10. Neon - I know it sounds like a bad 80's nightmare, but it is totally do-able. Add it as an accent piece whether necklace, shoes, or purse, even eyeliner (hello Belinda Carlisle!). If you're bold enough wear it from head to toe!
Colorful geometric tissue paper frame
4 days ago