Twitter / hautefashionist

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dolce and Gabbana for $10!!!

Yep, you read it right! I recreated a $375 D&G tee for $10. All it took was some cute crochet lace, grosgrain ribbon, a tee a la Marshall's, and a little elbow grease. I have been saving this project for awhile now, since I tore the idea out of Elle magazine back in the Fall. The black tee i embellished with leopard lace trim from Hobby Lobby; nothing fancy, just a rose made of the trim and rows of ruffles. The mint blue tee is just a simple, continuous row of cascading lace with a lace flower near the neckline. I'd say summer is off to a very productive start over here!

The inspiration:






3 comments:

  1. Way cool! Totally cute! I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh..you kill me. I ove your craftiness. Love the bow shirt and the white lace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out great! I remember that leopard trim! :)

    ReplyDelete