Twitter / hautefashionist

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Olivia's new bedding

I finally did it. I took down the bedding and curtains that Miss Olivia has slept on since she was a baby. I nearly cried. Alas, she is 7 now and needed some "big girl" bedding. It has taken me six months to figure out what to do with her room. All her baby bedding I custom made and just didn't want to part with it, while at the same time, I knew I didn't want to make custom bedding again. The other dilemma was that her room is an oriental umbrella and butterfly theme, so finding any girls bedding without pastel pink in it and lots of flowers was really hard. I wound up mixing a comforter set from Target with cute leopard sheets and pillowcases from Kohl's. For her canopy I tied different colors of tulle across the top. She loves it, and that's what matters....and I love it too!





4 comments:

  1. You are soooooo creative. I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out cute Kel!! I saw that bedding the other day...my neighbor is thinking of getting it for her daughter. Love the tulle idea on top. I am sure O loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Kel, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, is that cute or what? Love the tulle on the canopy, great idea!

    ReplyDelete