Twitter / hautefashionist

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kate Spade Inspired Shoes

I saw a fabulous pair of Kate Spade shoes at her store recently, but at the tune of $185 they were definitely a no-go. So of course I had to put my thinking cap on and with the help of $8 shoes and a $9 necklace from Charlotte Rousse, some grosgrain ribbon, and a needle and thread I was able to come up with my own version. You could use any type of embellished necklace but make sure it can easily be taken apart. Since big flowers are so popular right now I had no trouble finding one. The one I used actually had 5 flowers on it so now I have three extra to play with.




Cut 12 ribbon strips 5" long, hand sew them into flower like shape.


Sew ribbon flower onto shoe.


Super glue flower and reinforce by sewing around two of the metal petals thru the shoe.


Super cute!!!

1 comment: